Hi,

I'm running K12LTSP on a 2.4Xeon with 4GB ram and SCSI disks, the
network is fibre and 100Mb switched.

I have a 100 terminals running of this but the load is killing the
server so I want to add a couple of application servers.

I'm planning on running the home directories from NFS off the existing
server, and mounting them onto the the new application servers.

But before I run off and order the application servers, do they need to
have a SCSI disk system or would a ATA IDE be ok for the apps servers ?

I would imagine that most of the disk load would be on the server with
/home directories on it ?

Your views and experience would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Martin Stevens
Chace Community School