Joseph,

The first thing I'd look for is the cards PCI Vendor and Device ID.

if you can put the card in a machine and boot linux from a harddisk,
then run:   lspci -n

Look for the lines that say 'Class 0200'.  Those are the network cards.

See if you get the proper 10ec:8139 value.

Also, check the bios settings on your machine.  On some, you need
to enable 'Boot from LAN' to make it work.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]