Have you checked out the /etc/xinetd.d/tftp ?

it should have one script like this:

service tftp
{
        disable                 = no
        socket_type     = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = root
        server          = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
        server_args     = -s /tftpboot
        per_source      = 11
        cps                     = 100 2
        flags                   = IPv4
}

My, in particular is a Mandrake 9.1... the important thing is to know the
name's file that the /etc/dhcpd.conf configuration file is looking for...

My dhcpd tells like this:

    host admin01 {
        hardware ethernet     00:40:C7:2E:B2:E5;
        fixed-address         10.0.0.100;
        filename              "/lts/vmlinuz.ltsp";
    }

in this case, my kernel, named vmlinuz.ltsp (i created a symbolic link, my
kernel name is vmlinuz-2.4.19-ltsp-1) should be in /tftpboot/lts/

But... any way... if you could tell me what is the error message, it would be
better to figure out what is going on...

Sorry about the english due...

regards,

Jr.