Hello to everyone,

new on the list, not so new with ltsp (using it since March 2003 in my
private network) I just found the first problem I can't solve by my self by
reading newsgroups, documentation etc.

My normal clients have all Realtek 8139 chipsets - and everything is working
fine. Last week I got the first client with a SMC Etherpower II nic (and a
dc21041 chipset on it) - and this one won't work.

I've made a entry for the new client in dhcp.conf, ltsp.conf, made a
bootrom-disk with the rom-o-matic for the dc21041 chipset (tulip+) and started the
client. First everything seems fine: the screen shows the right chipset and
mac-address, then the client is calling the dhcp-server. But just in this
moment I get the message

    TX-Timeout
    <sleep>
    TX-Timeout
    <sleep>
    TX-Timeout
    <sleep>

on the client.

A check on the server  with

    tail -f /var/log/messages

shows me, that there is no call comming in. I changed the nic with an onther
SMC Etherpower II - same problem as before. So my question is: Has anybody
made good expiriences with these nics or has a solution for the TX-Timeout
problem?

Thanks al lot,

Chris S.