> fine. Last week I got the first client with a SMC Etherpower II nic (and a
> dc21041 chipset on it) - and this one won't work.

This is a know issue with 5.2.x versions of Etherboot.  I committed a fix to the cvs
last week, but we have not yet released an updated version.  That will probably occur
after a fix for the tg3 driver has been sorted out.

If you are able to get the cvs version it will work.  If necessary, I can send you the
source file update that should work.

BTW, Problems with Etherboot should be directed to the Etherboot-Users list

Regards

Tim Legge