On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, pankaj gadhari wrote:

> hello friends,
>        i just want to know what are PXE boot-roms, is there any procedure
> for booting the card using PXE roms. Actually, i am having certain n/w cards
> with boot-rom, now my vendor says they are PXE boot-roms, but when i insert
> them in the slot, it doesn't boots, and doesn't asks to boot from network.
> my card is D-LINK 538tx . plz give me the solution.
> its very urgent
>
> thanks in advance

        This is only a guess. But many PCs have an option in the bios that
says boot from network. It may be worth a try. They often also allow you
to select more than one to be tried in order. Setting different options
can speed up the boot time of a machine and stregthen/losen sequrity on
the machine.
        Usally new machine are set Floppy->CD-Rom->Hard Disk although if
the OS is preinstalled it may be set to Hard Drive Only.
        Some bioses don't seam to have an option and may therefore not
work.

Peter Childs