> If I were in your shoes, I would use icewm (www.icewm.org).  It is a
> fast,window manager that provides speed and simplicity in configuring.
> With icewm, you can limit users to what applications they can have
> access to run.  Also, it has some pretty cool themes, even one that
> looks quite a bit like Windows XP layout (which might help bridge some
> of your Windows people to LTSP).
>
> Ken Cobler

What a great mailing list ;-)    Thanks for the suggestions, hopefully I'll be able to
contribute down the track.

The Head at the school is rapt, I got Maths Made Easy 1-4 and Inspiration running
under Wine, which means the downstairs lab can also be converted from Windows to
Linux.   (Probably another 6 or 7 machines)

Does Wine put a big load on memory when more than one instance is running or is it
shared mem like everything else?  I tried some tests, but since the memory was all
allocated to cache it didn't show any difference.  I'll try again with Top.

Cheers
Simon