I'm using ltsp4.

How do you pass a run level to init when booting a ltsp kernel?

Here is my setup:

   1. Workstation uses dhcp and tftp to boot nbgrub.

   2. nbgrub provides a menu with choices:
               Linux Terminal (ltsp)
               windows on local disk

The nbgrub entry for the linux terminal looks like:

title Linux Terminal (ltsp)
   root (nd)
   kernel /lts/2.4.22-ltsp-2/bzImage-2.4.22-ltsp-2 init=/linuxrc rw root=/dev/ram0
   initrd /lts/2.4.22-ltsp-2/initrd-2.4.22-ltsp-2.gz

That works great, I can boot ltsp or the local disk.

But, the other thing I want to do is have another entry in the grub
menu. Say: "Fix broken windows partition". This should boot ltsp but not
start the X server. It should start something like this from inittab:

dr:4:wait:/etc/rc.diskrefresh

rc.diskrefresh should copy images to the local disk and then reboot
the client.

But to do that, I need a runlevel 4. I have not been able to do that. I
thought:

 kernel /lts/2.4.22-ltsp-2/bzImage-2.4.22-ltsp-2 init=/linuxrc rw root=/dev/ram0 4

would do it but the client always goes to runlevel 5

Any ideas? Am I doing this all wrong?

Cheers.

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

[EMAIL PROTECTED]            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312