On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 11:00:07PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> You'd need to modify the /linuxrc script in the initrd image to pass
> the runlevel from the commandline on to the /sbin/init program.

This would be the most elegant way IMHO. It would be a small change yet
add considerable flexibility to ltsp. Any chance of getting this in the
official release?

> Or, another method would be to pass an argument on the kernel command
> line,  maybe something descriptive like 'FIXWIN=Y'.
>
> This would get passed as an environment variable to the rc.sysinit
> script, which could then be modified to look for $FIXWIN and see if it
> equals 'Y'.  If it does, invoke your fix_windows script.  That wouldn't
> require a change to inittab.

I've just tried this and it works as you say. That will get me out of
trouble for now. Now onto the next problem!

Thanks very much for your help.

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

[EMAIL PROTECTED]            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312