Hello,

Though this doesn't seem to be directly related to LTSP, I thought it worth mentioning, since it happened 1) during an LTSP installation and 2) with a ltsp_kernel (13).

During the installation, i've forgotten to allow iptables to do NFS, TFTP and probably anyother UDP/TCP transactions. Hmm, not really, I had only allowed statefull TFTP connections.

Which happened was that the workstation kernel was getting downloaded, but when it tried to mount NFS root fs, iptables would just blocked it, so workstation couldn't boot properly. This all makes sense.

What does not make sense is that a few seconds of this boot process (NFS netfiltered) the server hanged - completely. What is even more weird is that at his stage (server hanged, workstation trying to mount NFS root), if poweroff the workstation, the server would resume operation as if nothing happened (tcpdump will show some more packets sniffed).

I really find this issue weird, because I'm not DROP'ing any packets, instead I'm rejecting it with icmp-host-prohibited, which is Fedora Core default behaviour for unhandled packet.

I've uploaded the dumps for a normal boot and a "hanged" boot.
http://danuninho.dhis.org/~nmct/ltsp/hacluster-not.tcpdump
http://danuninho.dhis.org/~nmct/ltsp/hacluster.tcpdump
respectivly.

Now, what has heartbeat got to do with LTSP? I have not seen any reference to it on LTSP documentation. Coincidence?

Sorry if this is duplicated somewhere.

Cheers,
--
Nuno Tavares