Jaime Torres <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> We're currently using LTSP in an educational project in Perú. The
> diskless workstations boot using a floppy disk but we need to get rid of
> them since there are no more floppy drives available.
>
> We want to buy fast ethernet cards instead but don't have a clue on how
> the images should be burned/flashed into the EPROMs of the NICs.
>
> Based on your experience:
>
> 1. Please recommend us the best NIC to do this job

I've been using here CNET PRO/200 PCI NIC (Davicom 9102 and an983b) and
m27c512 EPROM without any problem.

> 2. How can we burn the etherboot image to its EPROM?

Download the etherboot image of your NIC from the ROM-O-MATIC site
<http://www.rom-o-matic.net/> and load it using an EPROM programmer.  Of
course, you need to put into the EPROM socket of your EPROM programmer your
EPROM to where you will load your Etherboot image.

Good luck!

---
MARVIN T. PASCUAL
E-mail: mpascual AT qsr DOT com DOT ph