Christopher Cheshire wrote:

hi I've got a mandrake 10 box as a server and I've just installed ltsp 4 on it.

The problem I having is the grey screen with x and no display manager, which I've had in previous installs, but have normally overcome in previous mandrake versions.

I've checked out all the xdm/kdm settings but they're fine.

The only error I've seen is

'XDMCP warning :INET6 UDP socket creation failed'

You played with IPv6? Make sure that "ws1" only resolves to an IPv4 address. I don't think LTSP is IPv6-ready yet.
Check /etc/hosts and the nameservers that apply. The "search xxx" domain in /etc/resolv.conf could contain a "ws1" host too, so have a tight look.

and

'XDMCP fatal error : Session failed Session 491488003 failed for display ws1:0: cannot open display'

I thought may be firewall, but there is no firewall between the server and client.

Hth

Anselm