Thanks for this response David, but I'm not sure it answers my query.

If I have a laptop connecting to a LTSP server then I can't see a way to
monitor the condition of the battery in the laptop. Any applets that I
run on the laptop once it has booted are actually running on the LTSP
server so wouldn't a battery monitor be actually monitoring the status
of the battery, (if it existed), in the LTSP server?

Is my understanding here incorrect?

David Howdle
OPSM Group Systems Support
Sydney
Australia
(02) 9334 2666
0419 626 794
On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 20:54, David Howdle wrote:
> All,
>
> If I run wireless LTSP on a laptop is there then any way that I can
> monitor the local battery condition on that laptop?
>
> I cannot think of a way to do this except to use some kind of external
> device that will monitor the battery status.
>
> Any help will be very greatly appreciated.

Look for a battery monitor you like; nut might work (I haven't tried it
on a laptop).  Take a look at /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.d/sample; it may
help you see how to get it to start automatically.
--
David Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Little Bald Consulting, LLC