OK, I understand, thanks.

I've been thinking a bit more about this problem and in order to query
power management on the laptop then I will need apm support in the
kernel. I've had a look at the wireless kernel and I don't think that it
has apm support so my intention now is to recompile the kernel to
include apm support.

Can I download a .config for the 2.4.19-ltsp-1 kernel from anywhere as
that will make the recompilation a whole lot easier :-)

David Howdle
OPSM Group Systems Support
Sydney
Australia
(02) 9334 2666
0419 626 794
On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 02:19, David Howdle wrote:
> Thanks for this response David, but I'm not sure it answers my query.
>
> If I have a laptop connecting to a LTSP server then I can't see a way
> monitor the condition of the battery in the laptop. Any applets that I
> run on the laptop once it has booted are actually running on the LTSP
> server so wouldn't a battery monitor be actually monitoring the status
> of the battery, (if it existed), in the LTSP server?
>
> Is my understanding here incorrect?

No, you're right that anything you start in X is going to run on the
server, at least on a standard LTSP setup.

However, anything that gets started by the scripts in
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.d will run on the laptop.

--
David Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Little Bald Consulting, LLC