I have a number of thin clients that work quite well most of the
time but they are in the habbit of freezing. And I NEED ideas as to how to
stop it.

        Its random the client will freeze and will respond to nothing no
pings, ssh, keyboard, mouse. It will even happern at a random point
durring boot but not very often and not consitatly. (so I don't think its
X) They clients run quite well about 80% of the time or more.

        They will consisantly freeze if you open Open Office and go
straight to the File Menu. If you visit the help menu first it will work
about 50% of the time. Once it has worked once it will not freeze (except
in the random fasion until you quit open office and reenter)

        Ok so what are the thin cleints?

ST320s with 22Mb RAM running LTSP 4 with sound (using nasd) and local apps
using ldap (which seams alot better than nis once you have it working. I
would even go to surgesting switching to LDAP for a future version of
LTSP!) (These have 128Mb of NFS Swap which I don't think they use)

Server running Debian Sarge (I think) Openoffice 1.1.1 or 1.1.0 I've even
tryied upgrading...

        I've even tryied the instructions in the README.Debian.gz.

        Any ideas...

        It would be nice to start with whats causing it.

Peter Childs