Dana,
  I am assuming you do not see a NFS mount message in the server's logs.

1) Is your /etc/exports file correct? Something a small as a space in
the wrong place can screw things up. A known-good one is available at
http://www.elbnet.com/libsys/libsys/etc/exports Note in particular that
there is no space between the netmask and (

2)  Have you ruled out network (i.e. switch/card) troubles? NFS is very
unforgiving to network errors.

  Try a crossover cable directly from the client's NIC to the server's
NIC. What NICs are you running?

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com