Hello Jean,

> I have started in shell,
> made a "modprobe ide-disk"
> I have some messages on my hda, but I think it is a scsci hardisk, but
> forget it.
> I am interressed in the second disk (hdb) and it goes fin, I can see the
> different partitions on it (p5 p6 p7 p8 p9).
> I just would like to know what I have to do next !
> because when I made a startx, I can see that:
> /dev/ide/
>                 - hd/
>                          - c0b0t0u0
>                          - c0b0t0u0p1
>                          - c0b0t0u0p2 .... and its look like my harddisk
> on the server
>                 -host0/
>                          - bus0/
>                                      - target0
>                                                     - lun0/
>                                                                 - disc
>                                                                 - part1
>                                                                 - part2
> .... and its could be my harddisk on the server too
>                          - bus1/
>                                      - target1/
>                                                     - lun0/
>                                                                 - generic

> And it is not helping me so much ;-(
> Is there somebody who have tried that before ?
> Thank you
> Regards
> Jean Christophe

This is a frequently asked question, as people tend to forget this:
When they see some filemanager, open an xterm.... which displays on
the client, the program still runs on the server and thus displays the
server's ressources, disks....
If you need to access the client ressources, you either need a
local_app (to run on the client) or use the client local text-based
shell (which of course runs on the client too).

You probably want to use local shell first, identify your things, and
then read about ENBD and look in the contrib area for some HOWTO about
using terminals' floppy drives - hdd will be similar I assume.

HTH

Anselm