Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
We have set up about 10 LTSP machines.  However, two old PCs are
giving up trouble.  Everything works fine until the boot process gets
to dhclient:

Running dhclient
ERROR! No dhcpd-eth0.info file. This usually indicates that dhclient did not get a response from the DHCP server, or the NIC driver isn't working properly with the network card.

I found a similar problem in the archive:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ltsp-discuss&m=108316135602522&w=2

However, we don't have two network cards.  We have a single PCI card
based on the Realtek 8029 chipset.  Tomorrow I'll see whether
Plug-N-Play in the BIOS makes a difference.  Any other ideas?

I had this problem at one point as the isa nic and the pci graphics card were being given the same irq. The bios allowed me to assign that irq to 'pci/isa' rather than 'legacy isa' and that did the trick.
HTH
Andrew