Hello!

I installed today sucessfully LTSP4.0 on a network with 30 machines, but still
a lot of tweaking need to be done..

I have a few questions I hope you could answer, since there isn't any good
docs about the on the net.

1) As I understand, all traffic in a between a running client and server in
LTSP i sent with XDMCP, which is not an encrypted protocol. What is the best
security/performance optimized solution to use? 56bit SSL-tunneling? I don't
trust fully my network, so I wan't to make sniffing harder. Please give
fairly accurate instructions on how to setup your suggestion.

2) I have problems with some clients to get X running. Has anybody tried to
copy the autodetection from Knoppix/Mepis to the kernel in LTSP? Could that
work or is it the XFree86 that needs some upgrading?

3) It would be nice to run on the same machine both LTSP for diskless clients
and KDM-inside-VNC for clients with an already running OS. How do I set up a
vnc-server parallel to LTSP? I've found some docs on the net about this, and
put the lines in inetd.conf and /etc/services, but vnc clients just say
connection refused (after restarting kdm and inetd of course). How could I
debug that?

The system is running Debian testing.

--
Otto Kekäläinen