From my own working with LTSP4, I guess it works like this:

For LTSP4, make sure the sound is working on the client (correct
soundcard drivers, I/O etc if applicable. Use directives in lts.conf to
select modules etc if necessary.).

Select sound=y in lts.conf

Make sure enlightenment sound daemon is running on the server. The ESD
does the magic; the application running on the server sends the sound to
ESD. ESD looks where the display is coming from. If an ESD is runnig on
the client, it sends the sound to the client.

ESD receives the sound stream from the network then plays it through the
client's speakers.

You may need to tell the programs you run remotely to use ESD.

seekuel von seek wrote:
hi guys,

Could you help me by giving us the steps on making our diskless work station give an
audio output. we are now using Linux Mandrake 9.2 and LTSP 3. Our work station is a
thin client with an ear phone.

Thanks Guys

Need a new email address that people can remember Check out the new EudoraMail at http://www.eudoramail.com

For additional LTSP help, try #ltsp channel on irc.freenode.net