Otto Kekäläinen wrote:

Are you saying, that ESD is the only sound system that supports LTSP-4? So I can't run artsd?

The thin client side runs ESD by default. The default install does not appear to have client side artsd binaries.

artsd can run on the server and ESD on the client. You need to change settings in KDE control panel to enable network sound and possibly set output as ESD.

On a side note, I have found esd lacking as it doesn't support mixer. You therefore can't change the volume level as a user etc.