Hi,

Am Samstag, 19. Juni 2004 05:04 schrieb Liam Marshall:

fisrt of al: one question in a posting would be better for the
archive.

> I do not like ICEWM at all and because I got a fairly robust
> server with plenty of memory I don't believe I will need to resort
> to it.  I have tried Gnome but like KDE better.

Have you ever tried using kde when 15 user are loggin in at the same
time - it could due to a logn time ;-) In my opinion icewm (with
rox-filer for the desktop-icons) is the best choice.

> What am I missing
> out on if I stay with OpenOffice?

you got a database (adabas) in OpenOffice, the thesaurus and a
spelling check (but you can install the spelling also in OOo).

> If I go to StarOffice, and install it on the terminal server while
> logged in as root, will users who log into workstations have
> access to it?

You have to install it with the option -net

> Lastly, I teach to levels of programming now, a lower level course
> using Visual Basic, ...  but something close to Visual Basic in
> linux might.

Have a look at gambas - it looks like VB.

kind regard
Dieter