Am Dienstag, 6. Juli 2004 19:14 schrieb asanchez:
> I thought in this solution: to give several aliases to the server LTSP,
> by example:

> but when I check the log of the web server I see all the request to the
> web server was make from the same IP, the IP of ifcfg-eth0.

To change that, you need to use iptables with the --owner options - that
means, you can have rules that change the outgoing IP based on which userID
sends the packet. This will be really awful for more than 5 or 6 users - and
it is not terminal, but username based. You will need the SNAT target then -
read the fine man pages of iptables.

You can do much better setting up a proxy that requires authentication - I
think squid does, but I never tried. Your users would have to enter a valid
username/password pair in their browser configuration and then can be
differentiated by the proxy. This would be the much more general attempt of
setting up some user-based proxy behaviour.

Regards,

Anselm