I had a similar problem.  I posted a while ago on how I fixed it.  I
will copy the old post below.  I also put a binary of rdesktop here
http://sfmidaho.com/~tlackey/rdesktop/ Which you may want to just try to
see if it works.

Hi,
I recently had the same problem and just fixed it.  It seems that the
configure option for rdesktop in the build environment is wrong.  To fix
this I downloaded the build environment and changed the package.def file
in lbe/ltsp-src/rdesktop configure line to

CONFIGURE = ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-x=${LTSP_ROOT}/usr/X11R6

and then rebuilt the entire thing which can take a while.  Then I tarred
lbe/opt and copied it to my ltsp server and set up a new nfs export.  I
copied any config files in etc from my old export and now rdesktop works
with the numpad and the arrow keys.  I also was unable to connect to the
SOURCE1 in the package.def file.  My new file is as follows:

#
# package.def file for building a package in the the LTSP build
environment # # Copyright (c) 2003 by James A. McQuillan (McQuillan
Systems, LLC) # # This software is licensed under the Gnu General Public
License. # The full text of which can be found at
http://www.LTSP.org/license.txt #

VERSION       = 1.2.0
RELEASE       = 0
PKG1COMPONENT = ltsp_rdesktop
PKG1NAME      = ltsp-rdesktop

PKG1          = rdesktop-1.3.1.tar.gz
MD5SUM1       = 968a1e3f5161bab80c306df31c54cfb1
SOURCE1 =
http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/rdesktop/rdesktop-1.3.1.t
ar.gz
UNPACK1   = gunzip < ${TARBALL} | tar xf -

BUILDDIR  = rdesktop-1.3.1
SOURCEDIR = rdesktop-1.3.1

CONFIGURE = ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-x=${LTSP_ROOT}/usr/X11R6

BUILD     = make -j ${CPUS}

INSTALL   =  make DESTDIR=${LTSP_ROOT} prefix=/usr install && \
             cp ../rdesktop-screen ${LTSP_ROOT}/etc/screen.d/rdesktop

CLEAN     = rm -rf ${BUILDDIR} ${SOURCEDIR}

This upgrades to rdesktop 1.3.1 hope this helps.  I am also using the
cvs 4.0.1 version of ltsp.