On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, John Puzon wrote:

Good day to everybody,

I've installed ltsp and i am able to boot but cannot
get past the login screen.  The monitor in my client
shows the following before disappearing into oblivion
and the LEDs in my monitor starts to blink:

syslogd: cannot write to remote filehandle

This is a warning, but it's easily fixed. You need to figure
out where syslogd is configured. Probably /etc/sysconfig/syslogd.
Edit that file, and add '-r' to the SYSLOGD_OPTIONS (or something similar).

SNIPPED !!

xdmcp      Yes         no        Yes       xdm, gdm,
kdm    Using: none!

What could possibly be wrong with here? And why does it say that i am not using any of the 3 dm? I read in this mailing list that 'xdmcp yes no yes' is a bug. But haven't seen any problem the same as mine.

Probably ltspcfg can't figure out how to deterimine which display manager is configured on MDK 10. Each distro/version seems to have it's own way of configuring that.

I installed the current LTSP Version 4.1 and am using Mandrake 10.

Please help :). Thanks in advance.

You said you can't get past the login screen, but it's unclear if you are even getting to the login screen.

Do you see the login dialog at all ?

If not what do you see ?

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]