So far, so good. Got it working, with one exception:

The screen resolution stays at what looks like somewhere around 800x600, no matter what I do.

I've tried setting X_MODE_0 with all sorts of values and rebooted the workstation countless times.
No change. (.... and the XWindows ctrl-alt-kb+ mode switching doesn't do anything...)

Here is the workstation's section in lts.conf:

[00:A0:24:96:07:D0]
SERVER = 192.168.2.110
XSERVER = cirrus
X_MODE_0 = 1024x768
X_MODE_1 = 800x600
X_MODE_2 = 640x480
MODULE_0x = serial
SERIAL_IRQ3 = 3
X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL = "Microsoft"
X_MOUSE_DEVICE = "/dev/ttyS3"
X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 50
X_MOUSE_BAUD = 1200 X_MOUSE_BUTTONS = 3
USE_XFS = N
SCREEN_01 = startx
SCREEN_02 = shell

I'm using a Cirrus Logic GD-5440 video card.

Thanks for any help.

Robert