Philip,

On the floppy is a initrd image.  You'd need to edit the scripts on that
image.

You'd start by copying the initrd from the floppy (It's a DOS
filesystem).

Then, you need to uncompress it with gunzip.

Then, mount it with:   mount -o loop initrd /mnt

Then, you can browse around the initrd filesystem on /mnt, and change
whatever you need to change, to make the pcmcia stuff work.

Then, unmount it, gzip it and copy it back to the floppy.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]