> it. What about the real goal of LTSP? Access for diskless clients? Isn't
> the idea of remote connections the main goal of it?

LTSP is not a server service, protocol, program, or anything like that.

LTSP is a operating system (further sub-category: Linux distribution)
specifically tailored for diskless clients. That's it.

So there is no such thing as a "LTSP Windows client", as you already have
Windows on the client... LTSP is something you'd use instead of Windows, when
the only goal of the client is to be a client. LTSP is responsible for
hardware drivers and all that stuff. Perhaps you can think about LTSP as a
(way better) replacement for Windows NT Embedded on thin clients.

The different connection methods are programs that run on top of the LTSP
core. LTSP comes prepackaged with X and rdesktop to connect to terminal
servers, but other means can be used (for instance you could install FreeNX
on top of LTSP, and also it works well for SSH and Telnet terminals).

The closest thing you'll get to "LTSP on Windows" might be just using a X
client (that would be like FreeNX, just uncompressed and unencrypted, meaning
higher bandwidth and lower latency). But LTSP never enters the picture then
either.

Stopping answering the question and addressing everyone:

The idea of seperate Linux distributions on the clients and the server are a
hard thing to comprehend for Linux beginners (I suppose), so people tend to
dumb LTSP down to "something enabling you to connect a thin client to a thin
client server" when explaining it. Which is true of course, just a different
way of putting it, but I wish the above way of putting it was used sometimes
too so that people into computers and network, but not Linux that much, can
get the overview quicker. I've seen this question quite a few times since
joining the list...

// Dag Sverre