Ok , just to ensure that things are not wacked on the server i did a
fresh install of the k12ltsp distro v4.1
I am able to connect to the server from a windows client over the
XDMCP session so this is working correctly

The client boots the linux kernel and connects to the server
successfully. I am able to get to run level 3 without issue.
If i execute /tmp/start_ws depending on the XF86 Config file i am
using ( nsc driver) fails and kicks me out

Running the cyrix driver and the XF86Config.ibm file as supplied by
Karl simply generates me a blank screen and the monitor goes to sleep
.. I cant seem to do anything but reboot to get out of this situation.

So I am perplexed at this point.. I have attempted to get spy working
but for some reason it never seems to work for me .

Anyone got any ideas on getting this to the next step. ??

and for info..

Lts.conf[Default]
        SERVER             = 10.1.15.24
        XF86CONFIG_FILE     = XF86Config.ibm
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "IMPS/2"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/psaux"
        X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
        X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
        XKBMODEL           = "pc102"
        XKBLAYOUT          = "us"
        USE_XFS            = N
        MODULE_01          = usb-storage
        MODULE_02          = usb-ohci
        SCREEN_01          = shell
        #SCREEN_02          = startx

XF86Config.ibm

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "Files"
RgbPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "extmod"
Load "freetype"
Load "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "BaudRate"        "1200"
Option "Resolution"      "400"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
Option "Emulate3Timeout  50
Option "ZAxisMappeing"   "4 5"
Option "Buttons"         "3"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier  "My Monitor"
VendorName  "Unknown"
ModelName   "Unknown"
HorizSync   31-62
VertRefresh 55-90
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "My Video Card"
Driver "cyrix"
# vesa-treiber - test mit 2800er - hat nicht funktioniert
#Driver "vesa"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "My Video Card"
Monitor "My Monitor"
DefaultDepth 16
SubSection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
EndSection

I had even tried changing the monitor section of the code to

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "hp L1530"
        DisplaySize  300        230
        HorizSync    30.0 - 63.0
        VertRefresh  56.0 - 76.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection
 which is what the monitor for that particular session actually is in
X thinking that perhaps it was the issue..

Am i getting closer or should i just give up on it ?