On Thursday 28 October 2004 15:48, Jim McQuillan wrote:
> CPH,

Hi Jim,

> there's 2 issues keeping us from creating a 2.6 kernel package for LTSP.
>
> 1)  There's no nfs-swap patch available for the 2.6.x kernel tree.
But as a preliminary test, you may not need nfs-swap.
However am I right in thinking that without the nfs-swap patch it will not
boot ?

> 2)  There's not enough hours in the day to do everything we want to do.
Now that I can understand :)

> As for advantages in using the 2.6 kernel on the client, nobody has
> given me a real good reason why they need it yet.
I've seen quite a bit of work recently on the usb related code and was hoping
to get better performace and compatability.

If there was no obvious blocking points I would be interested in having a go
at this. Is there any packages that need to be updated ?

CPH