Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll try everything at work tomorrow.

Its LTSP4.1, but the card is an S3 in some of the clients.

Some clients have 32 and others 64 MB RAM, and I haven't tried swap yet.
Not sure of the colour depth either.

I'll post again after checking or if I solve it.

nigel

> Nigel,
>    How much memory is in the client?
>
>    Does NFS swap help?
>
> Pete
> --
> http://www.elbnet.com
> ELB Internet Service, Inc.
> Web Design, Computer Consulting, Internet Hosting
>

> nigel barker wrote:
>> many KDE apps fail to run on the clients, even though they run just fine
>> on the server display
>> They pop up briefly, then the KDE crash panel flashes on and itself
>> disappears, leaving the user wondering if his app is going to start or
>> not.
>>
>> even Kterm does this, along with others such as Kpaint and smb4k.
>>
>> Gnome and other apps run normally.
>>
>> anyone come across this?

nigel