On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Marvin T. Pascual wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Where can I download the NFS swap patch for kernel-2.4.28 or kernel-2.6.8?

Well, unfortunately, you can't.

I've been keeping the nfs-swap patch updated, and i've only taken it as
far as 2.4.26.  It may patch a 2.4.28 kernel, but i've never tried.

I know for certain that it won't work with a 2.6.x kernel.

I've tried contacting the original author of the nfs-swap patch, to see
if I could get him to port it to the 2.6 kernels, but i've not received
any replies from him.

I've seen suggestions to try swap over nbd on the 2.6 kernels, but i've
not had a chance to give it a try yet.

Swapping over the network is the only thing holding me up from releasing
a 2.6 kernel for ltsp.  In fact, i've been running a 2.6 kernel on my
client for over 2 months, with no problems.  I'd just really like to
have a swap-over-network method for those folks who have small memory
clients.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]