I have set ltsp, but this time X does not want to cooperate.  Hopefully
someone has a hint were I should look to get it up and running.

The error message is:
scanning for videocard
Building the /tmp/XF86Config-4 file
Cannot open log file /var/log/Xorg.0.0.log

I can provide the following information
# ltspcfg --print

ltspcfg - Version 0.9

Checking Runlevel....: 5
Checking Ethernet Interfaces
Checking Dhcpd..dhcpd  off
Checking Tftpd.......
Checking Portmapper..portmap  on
.
Checking nfs..nfs  on
..
Checking xdmcp...........Found: xdm, kdm    Using: kdm
Checking /etc/hosts.
Checking /etc/hosts.allow.
Checking /etc/exports.
Checking lts.conf.

ltspcfg v0.9

Interface IP Address      Netmask         Network         Broadcast
Used
eth0      192.168.4.102   255.255.255.0   192.168.4.0     192.168.4.255
<-----

Service    Installed   Enabled   Running   Notes
dhcpd      Yes         Yes       Yes       Version 3
tftpd      Yes         Yes       Yes       Has '-s' flag
portmapper Yes         Yes       Yes
nfs        Yes         Yes       Yes
xdmcp      Yes         no        Yes       xdm, kdm    Using: kdm

File                                Configured  Notes
/etc/hosts                          Yes
/etc/hosts.allow                    Yes
/etc/exports                        Yes
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf         Yes

Configured runlevel: 5         (value of initdefault in /etc/inittab)
   Current runlevel: 5         (output of the 'runlevel' command)

Installation dir...: /opt/ltsp

nfs mounting goes fine from another system, I can write in the mounted
swapfiles dir.
mount -t nfs 192.168.4.102:/opt/ltsp /mnt
mount -t nfs 192.168.4.102:/var/opt/ltsp/swapfiles /mnt

From a remote system I can enter the X on the server, command used is:
X -query 192.168.4.102 :1

# tail xdm-config
!
DisplayManager._0.terminateServer:      true
!
DisplayManager*resources:       /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources
DisplayManager.*.terminateServer:       false
!
! SECURITY: do not listen for XDMCP or Chooser requests
! Comment out this line if you want to manage X terminals with xdm
!
!DisplayManager.requestPort:    0

# grep \* Xaccess
*                                       #any host can get a login window
*               CHOOSER BROADCAST       #any indirect host can get a chooser

What more to look for??  ltspcfg --print tells me that xdmcp is not enabled,
but what needs to be enabled?

--
TIA

Richard Bos