The problem is kernel header files are intentionally tainted for userspace
builds now.  The interim fix (while someone figures out a better process) is
to get:

http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/

Get the one closest to your 2.6.x kernel.  Untar it to
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build.  This will overwrite the include directory
with include files that are untainted (useable in userspace).