On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:32:26 -0500, Brian Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would be very careful when attempting to use LTSP over a Wireless
> link.  In addition to potential connection problems, you will have very
> serious bandwidth problems.  Maintaining an 800x600 screen over a
> constant 100Mbps connection is difficult enough; dropping the speeds to
> 11Mbps (802.11b) would be all but impossible and 54Mbps (802.11g) would
> be very difficult.  Feel free to try, but I have serious doubts about
> the potential for such implementations.

I have one LTSP thin client connected to my network over an 802.11b
wireless bridge and with the exception of booting the client, which
takes a couple of minutes, I haven't really noticed any performance
issues. It seems to behave more or less like any other wireless client
on the network. This client has a 1024x768 screen. Perhaps I'm just a
patient guy, but it is fine for what I use it for.

John