Hi,

I don't know anything about this, but I assume from panocomp message he meant to run it as a local app on the thin client.

"You had to run Gnome Meeting on the client."

Keir Vaughan-Taylor wrote:
I want to run gnomemeeting on the thinstation not the server. Under X, Gnomemeeting is apparently looking for the thin client devices correctly because my server has a capture card in it and this isn't seen when you run gnomemeeting and it is seen when run on the server. If you set the DISPLAY variable to 0.0 I don't see how this helps because this bring up the gnomemeeting graphics that are normally rendered on the thin station instead on the server. Don't really want it there.

When running on the thin client, Gnomemeeting shows no detected devices running on the thin client. There should be a way of setting up the /dev/video0. I notice in /opt/ltsp/i386/dev there are no entries. This doesn't seem right? Perhaps there is a USB module or something. I'm a bit in the dark here.

panocomp wrote:

Keir Vaughan-Taylor wrote:

I want to set up an LTSP client to run gnomemeeting and hopefully get the LTSP machines to be useful video conferencing stations. From Google there was some discussions suggesting that GnomeMeeting had to run on the thinclient.

I have a Logitech 4000 USB camera and it is plugged into the USB port of the thinclient. The thinclient connects to a Fedora linux server under X (gdm). Gnomemeeting or camstream can find no sign of the camera device.

If anyone is successfully doing this or has suggestion about a good way of getting it going I'd be most interested.

You had to run Gnome Meeting on the client. You must set DISPLAY variable to :0.0 so that you see the output on the worksation.
Have a look to the devices Gnome Meeting is looking for. You may change the default value because LTSP kernel use device fs.
I don't know how Gnome Meeting distribute the streams over the net - multicast addresses??. It may be necessary to add the special routings by route command to the thin client

In the same way I run vic on a thinclient that is not using LTSP but its own environment.

Regards Wolfgang Rapp

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click _____________________________________________________________________ Ltsp-discuss mailing list. To un-subscribe, or change prefs, goto: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ltsp-discuss For additional LTSP help, try #ltsp channel on irc.freenode.net

--
David Morris
DMS                               AePONA (England) Ltd