Here's my situation. I've got 2 different teris of users. One set needs a graphical interface and one set really does not. Is there a way I can configure ltsp so that person a gets "SCREEN_01 = shell" and another gets "SCREEN_01 = StartX : SCREEN_02 = telnet"? That's the just of it, anyway. Some users just don't need and should not have a graphical login.

Also, here's a question that may solve the problem. Say you're running startX as your login and your bash_profile basically runs an ssh script. Does gnome even start? Is there a way I can use the graphical login splash without using a graphical login (so everyone can have a pretty login screen and some of them are then bumped to a command line telnet interface)?
--

joe auerbach
systems administrator