[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Our function keys just work, I've not fiddled for a while, but it was trivial

(there are even some sequences to turn the keys on for HP terms, where they are normally off)

To run an xterm

.xsession (chmod +x !)
xterm -geometry blah

To run an icewm with an xterm and background

.xsession
icewmbg &
xterm -geometry bla &
icewm

To run kde
.xsession
startkde
Interestingly enough, as far as I can tell, ubuntu has no .xsession file. I have no idea how it logs you into X, but there is no ~/.xsession.
BTW your mail server is FOOBAR:
The original message was received at Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:23:50 +0800
from tigger.ws [202.71.175.58] (may be forged)

Huh. Odd. I hate netwalk. We're about to start self-hosting. it's just a matter of getting all our clients to agree to type out our really long domain name (physicianscreditbureau.com).

--

joe auerbach
systems administrator