Hello,

I have a server and many ltsp terminals setup and running. Now I like to
add some security. This is my plan:

I like to setup on of the terminals with a harddrive an mirror with
rsync the complete server. One time after the initial setup the
hardware relevant settings will be made on the serverdata which is
copied to the terminal so that this can start as server. All modified
files will be excluded from rsync.

I had exactly this in place, before I moved to ltps. And now I like to
find out how I can do the rsync to the remote terminal. I have trouble
to connect to the harddrive in the terminal.

Here is the script I hope that I can use, but as mentioned I can not
connect to the harddrive on TARGET....

Any ideas??

Thanks a lot
Michael

TARGET=192.168.55.12
PARTITION=/dev/hdd1
ROOT=/srvbackup

rsh $TARGET "mount $PARTITION $ROOT" && \
rsync --exclude=/proc               \
      --exclude=/tmp                \
      --exclude=/boot               \
      [...]