Chad,

The general formula we use is this:

    256mb for the server + ( 50mb * number_of_clients )

So, 60 clients would be:   256 + ( 50 * 60 ) = 256 + 3000 = 3256mb.

That's for an average user that doesn't do a whole lot of OOo and
firefox, but use it occasionally.

For a more intense user, bump it up to 70mb per client.

I've got a server with 140 thin clients, all served by a dual P4-Xeon
2.4ghz with 4gb of ram.

They are using Icewm for the window manager, and about 70 of the users
are allowed to run OOo and Firefox. All of the users are using several
xterm sessions to connect to other servers.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]