Denis,

How much ram in the clients?

Sounds like it might be running out of ram and crashing the program.
That's just a guess tho.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

DenisG wrote:
Hi list

I'm having a problem using kino video editor on a client. Not for ieee1394 capture, only video editing.

I have sound working on the client (cs4232 driver), I can watch AVI files (with totem) and listen MP3 (with xmms).

I found some related posts in LTSP 2004 archives talking about esddsp, I tried "esddsp kino" but same result.

Kino launches well, but when I try to add a video sequence it closes brutally. When launched from a console, I get:

--8<----------------------------------------------------------
1123 [EMAIL PROTECTED]> kino
> Kino Common being built
> Creating page editor
> Creating Capture Page
> Creating Export Page
> Creating Export1394 Page
> Creating ExportAVI Page
> Creating ExportStills Page
> Creating ExportAudio Page
> Creating ExportMJPEG Page
> Creating ExportPipe Page
/usr/share/kino/scripts/exports/extract_chapters
/usr/share/kino/scripts/exports/ffmpeg_divx.sh
/usr/share/kino/scripts/exports/ffmpeg_vcd.sh
/usr/share/kino/scripts/exports/ffmpeg_mp3.sh
/usr/share/kino/scripts/exports/rawplay.sh
/usr/share/kino/scripts/exports/ffmpeg_dvd.sh
/usr/share/kino/scripts/exports/ffmpeg2theora.sh
/usr/share/kino/scripts/exports/mencoder.sh
/usr/share/kino/scripts/exports/ffmpeg_dvd_dual.sh
> Creating page trim
>> image creator repository created
>>> Image Create: Couleur fixe
>>> Image Create: Bruit aléatoire
>>> Image Create: Variation de couleur
>>> Image Create: Dégradé
>>> Image Create: Créer depuis un fichier
>> image filter repository created
>>> Image Filter: Aucun changement
>>> Image Filter: Noir & Blanc
>>> Image Filter: Sépia
>>> Image Filter: Vidéo inverse
>>> Image Filter: Miroir
>>> Image Filter: Kaléidoscope
>>> Image Filter: Commutation
>> image transition repository created
>>> Image Transition: Aucun changement
>>> Image Transition: Commutation
>>> Image Transition: Fondu
>>> Image Transition: Volet horizontal
>>> Image Transition: Volet porte
>>> Image Transition: Différences
>> audio filter repository created
>>> Audio Filter: Aucun changement
>>> Audio Filter: Silence
>>> Audio Filter: Fondu entrant
>>> Audio Filter: Fondu sortant
>> audio transition repository created
>>> Audio Transition: Aucun changement
>>> Audio Transition: Fondu croisé
>>> Audio Transition: Doublage
>>> Audio Transition: Mix
> Creating Magick Page
>> Searching /usr/lib/kino-gtk2 for plugins
>>> Registering plugin /usr/lib/kino-gtk2/libdvtitler.so
>>> Registering plugin /usr/lib/kino-gtk2/libtimfx.so
>>> Registering plugin /usr/lib/kino-gtk2/libkinoplus.so
>>> Image Filter: DV Titler 0.1.1

(kino:16590): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_qdata_full: assertion `quark > 0' failed

(kino:16590): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_qdata_full: assertion `quark > 0' failed

(kino:16590): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_qdata_full: assertion `quark > 0' failed

(kino:16590): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_qdata_full: assertion `quark > 0' failed
>>> Image Filter: Color Hold
>>> Image Filter: Blur
>>> Image Filter: Soft Focus
>>> Image Filter: Blur (OpenGL)
>>> Image Transition: Image Luma
>>> Image Transition: Corner Out (OpenGL)
>>> Image Create: FFMPEG Import
>>> Image Create: Multiple Image Import
>>> Image Filter: Jerk
>>> Image Filter: ImageMagick Titler
>>> Image Filter: ImageMagick Overlay
>>> Image Filter: Pixelate
>>> Image Filter: Charcoal
>>> Image Filter: Pan and Zoom
>>> Image Filter: Colour Average
>>> Image Filter: Gamma
>>> Image Filter: Effect TV
>>> Image Filter: Pipe Filter
>>> Image Transition: Chroma key on blue
>>> Image Transition: Tweenies
>>> Audio Filter: FFMPEG Dub
>> Starting Editor
>> Kino Common newFile
>> Creating undo/redo buffer
>>> Received playlist to store at position 0
>> on_main_window_map_event
>>> using audio from separate AVI audio stream
>>> using audio from separate AVI audio stream
>>> Received playlist to store at position 1
>> Trying XVideo at 720x576
>>> XvQueryAdaptors count: 1
>>> Xv: ATI Mach64 Back-end Overlay Scaler: ports 53 - 53
>>> formats supported: 4
>>>     0x32595559 (YUY2) packed
>>>     0x59565955 (UYVY) packed
>>>     0x32315659 (YV12) planar
>>>     0x30323449 (I420) planar
>>> 0: XV_IMAGE, 720x2048 rate = 1/1
The program 'kino' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)'.
  (Details: serial 13938 error_code 10 request_code 142 minor_code 1)

What's the problem?

Thanks

DenisG