Jim McQuillan a écrit :
Denis,

How much ram in the clients?

Sounds like it might be running out of ram and crashing the program.
That's just a guess tho.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Jim, thanks for your help.

The client has 76MB of RAM, server 1 GB.
Everything is server side, I don't have any local app, so I don't see how server's kino can be affected by client's RAM ?...

Something new:
The same thing happens with totem. When I launch it from a console:

--8<----------------------------------------------------------
1537 [EMAIL PROTECTED]> totem
received X error event: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

here totem works fine, I can read a 700MB DivX, but it closes brutally like kino if I try to open a captured video file comming from my DV camera (even a 3MB one):

The program 'totem' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 636 error_code 11 request_code 140 minor_code 18)

I use XSERVER = auto in lts.conf and client's /temp/XF86Config.1 contains Driver "ati", so I think it's OK for the video card (Dell Optiplex GXa with ATI 3D rage pro AGP on motherboard).

Any other idea ?

DenisG