I have a client in the same situation and I will get to how I set that network up in just a bit. First I would like to suggest that if your Delphi program runs under Wine then you should consider only running Linux servers and run the program from Wine. Wine http://www.winehq.com is up to version 0.9.6 and I am very impressed with the many programs that Wine can run including my copy of Delphi 4 CS. There is a very good chance that your Delphi program will work under wine.

If that is not an option then you will need licensing for as many people that will connect to the server at any one time. You can connect your LTSP desktops to the server by installing Windows Terminal Services. That is what I did for one of my clients. We set it up so that the LTSP server is running GDM and the login session starts a connection to the server using rdesktop. It works great. It is not as good as a pure Linux solution but it does have the advantage of having a centralized location for software management and you don't need any extra licensing for the terminal boxes. They had to use this because the program they used needs a USB dongle to prevent illegal use of the CAD software that talks to their factory automation equipment.

Windows is a pig so we went way over the top on the Windows server. The Linux LTSP server is a simple PIII and the terminals are empty boxes. We saved a lot and still had extra money to get big LCD displays for everyone. And the extra bonus of only needing one license for anti-virus software saved a lot.