i update,

thanks mr. sudev,

i really thanks for your suggestion (about re-installing)

i sat for a while and eliminitated the nfs problem

i added my server's ip address to the "option root path" in my dhcp.config file and it now works fine.

but, regarding xdmcp, as u told earlier, i am searching the ltsp config files, but in vain

please help me, in which config file, i should make changes, so that ltspconfig recognise the gdm running on my server

sudo netstat -apn | grep ": 177" is giving results

and sudo ps -e | grep ": .dm" is also giving results

but my ltspcfg under ltspadmin says

no xdmcp service is installed..

please help, in the mean time, iam also trying to troubleshoot, please note this is my linux attempt and only for the past one month only, i am working on linux.

thanking you,

sithi