Hello
I have a problem trying to use an hp scanjet 2300c, I have followed all of the steps in both procedures in the wiki, the problem seems to be related to the lack of the backend support for sane-genesys which scanjet 2300c requires.

Is there a sane guru here with enough knowledge to guide me thru this setup so far I have copied the backend files from my server (slackware linux 10.2) (the libraries) obviously something else is lacking because scanimage -L at the client returns a message saying that it didn't find any scanners and that I should try sane-find-scanner which returns that the scanner is connected in /dev/usb/scanner0, obviously the missing part is in the lack of the backend, please help me, and thanks

I will continue to research this issue and report back to the list for in case someone else hits this problem in the future.