On 2/8/06, Sithi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> update

Hey there... you need not mark a personal copy. I will get mail on the
list in any case.

> actually i have two server computers, (& 5 thin clients) one with windows -
> 192.168.0.1 and other ubuntu 5.10 - 192.168.0.101 (- here is the mistake, i
> did (i think))

This is not a problem. The LTSP server can have any IP and you have to
setup so that same IP is used for all configuration files.

Question: Which is the dhcpd server? Wnbox or LTSPbox? If former then
you need to read on how to setup dhcpd for winbox to serve ltsp image
to clients.

> later, after several installations, and several mails to the forums / lists,
> i could not learn things
> finally, i decided to change (on my own) the ip address to 192.168.0.2 of
> the ubuntu server,
> now, all my previous problems are solved, but i again i get caught here,

There should have been no problems in the first place ;-(

> building the /tmp/xf86config-4 file
> fatal server error,
> cannot open log file "/var/log/Xorg.0.0.log"
> xserver failed

This is indicating that the X_SERVER setting in the
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf is incorrect for this client and/or auto
probe is failing. Best is to start with setting "X_SERVER = vesa"
[However if you are getting this far then LTSP setup should be okay
and it is only matter of getting the xserver working]

> and if possible, in future, please take care of this ip problem, so that
> entire setup shall work according to the desired ip address.

You need to take care of setup there is no problem with setup if done
step by step. Again I would recommend that do a default install of
ltsp and things should be working. Once you have experience then move
with trying custom configurations.

BTW where are you located?
--
Sudev Barar