Am Dienstag, den 21.03.2006, 11:56 +0100 schrieb Eilert:

> Ääähm

Lol. The german way of pronouncing "well, ..." - one of the few things I
remember of the 11th grade at school was my English teacher training us
to not say "Ääähm" but "well", resulting in even more confusion while
trying to build proper english sentences: Ähhmm ääh well äääh
well.... :-)

>  - no, I don't think so, because this refers to KDE not X. When no
> user is logged in at a certain terminal (i. e. only xdm is present), the
> screen will go off after a while. So nobody knows if this terminal is
> shut off or has power. After a user loggs in, the X screen goes black
> after a while ALTHOUGH the KDE screen saver is switched off (X overrides
> KDE here).
>
> That's my problem :-)

Not only yours, and it has been discussed on this list before. Something
with xset - a quick search in my evolution archives turns out a message
by [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Nov 8, 2004 - a pity I only got the question. There
were answers, but they seem to be lost somewhere here.

Anyway, this has been solved, and I think with the help of xset
somewhere in the X configuration build scripts.

Regards
Anselm