On Fri, April 7, 2006 3:54 am, Denis Cardon wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I currently have a working LTSP (4.1) installation and was about to
>> migrate to LTSP 4.2 just this morning. Here are the steps I took:
>>
>> 1. rpm -ivh
>> http://ltsp.mirrors.tds.net/pub/ltsp/utils/ltsp-utils-0.20-0.noarch.rpm
>> 2. ran 'ltspadmin' , pointed it to /opt/ltsp-4.2
>> 3. installed all of the packages
>>

>> However, upon configuring the services, it gave me this error:
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# ltspcfg
>>
>> ltspcfg - Version 0.13
>>

> Your ltspcfg version does not seems correct. I though it should be 0.20.
> Second, when I did my upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 ltspadmin used the
> old /etc/ltsp.conf file which pointed to ltsp 4.1 package, so it would
> not download new 4.2 packages and I had to manually
> delete /etc/lstp.conf file to get the ltspadmin working.
>
> As ltspcfg is concerned, if you have a ltsp 4.1 installation working,
> you just need to install everything in /opt/ltsp-4.2, copy the old
> lts.conf file in the new tree, change kernel name and nfs tree name,
> modify your /etc/exports and it works (no need to run ltspcfg).
>
> My first impression are : boot faster, usb device recognition on client
> side much better, some issues with mounting on terminal side, and
> couldn't find a suitable perl-protocol-X11 for my mandriva 2006 yet (but
> manually calling ltspfs works fine in command line, when device is
> correctly mounted).

perl-protocol-X11 is required by lbussd.  I wrote the perl version of
lbussd as a prototype, to see how it would all work.  It's working so
well, that I decided to leave it that way for now.  But, i'm planning on
re-implementing lbussd in C, so that we won't have the perl X11 module
dependency.  Hopefully, I can write it while traveling to/from Brazil next
week.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]