On Thu, April 6, 2006 10:35 pm, Toby McMillan, RHCE wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I currently have a working LTSP (4.1) installation and was about to
> migrate to LTSP 4.2 just this morning. Here are the steps I took:
>
> 1. rpm -ivh
> http://ltsp.mirrors.tds.net/pub/ltsp/utils/ltsp-utils-0.20-0.noarch.rpm
> 2. ran 'ltspadmin' , pointed it to /opt/ltsp-4.2
> 3. installed all of the packages
>

> However, upon configuring the services, it gave me this error:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# ltspcfg
>
> ltspcfg - Version 0.13
>
> Checking Runlevel....: 5
> Checking Ethernet Interfaces
> Checking Dhcpd.....
> Checking Tftpd.......
> Checking Portmapper...
> Checking nfs....
> Checking xdmcp.........Can't call method "is_enabled" without a
> package or object reference at /usr/sbin/ltspcfg line 2071.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]#

This probably indicates that it couldn't figure out which display manager
you are running.  Which one is it?

If you are trying to install LTSP-4.2 on a machine that already has a
previous version of LTSP, you don't need to worry about ltspcfg.  The
display manager should already be configured for you.  You'll just need to
add a line in /etc/exports, to allow the clients to mount the
/opt/ltsp-4.2 directory.  And, you'll need to update dhcpd.conf, to point
to the new root-path and new kernel.

> This is on CentOS 4.3. The ISO I used was ltsp-4.1.1-1.iso, since
> there was no mention about new ISO to be mounted (from the wiki). Is
> this correct? Thanks for any pointers.

I don't understand.  You said you are trying to install ltsp-4.2, but you
are using a ltsp-4.1.1 iso image?  Am I missing something here?

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]