Alistair-

The most important part of the terminal (for initial booting purposes) is
the NIC; what hardware is in it? What options are in the bios, if any is
there (since it apparently runs NT locally)?

-Krishna

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Alistair Crust wrote:

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 07:50 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Alistair: tell us more about it..Where dows it quit?You are implying that
> first dhcp occurs the kernel loads but can not find the nic at second dhcp
> request..ive used a lot of geode boards in ibm netvista and use an
> uncompressed kernel/initrd..chuck

We are using a Wyse winterm 8630se with a CF (at least the case the
memory is in is a cf case! even if its not CF). We can boot a kernel but
only if it is not tagged for etherboot. The idea is we will skip the
etherboot bit and lump the kernel and initrd straight onto the CF.
However the kernel (2.6.16.1) and an initramfs.gz from an LTSP 2.6.16.1
install gets as far as looking for the modules directory in the initial
ram disk to load the NIC driver then complains that it can't
find /lib/modules/2.6.16.1/. and this is where we come to a brick wall.
It seems we need an LTSP initramfs.gz that will work with a
non-etherboot tagged kernel.

Any ideas?